Website

Monday 27 November 2017

The End of the Line


I have deliberately chosen the above painting of Jac and I from my private collection as it is quite appropriate.

I have been very lucky in having had two modestly successful careers. Although I have been painting all my life I have only been full time since 2003. I have no idea how many paintings I have painted in all  but I have sold in excess of one thousand one hundred of them. This has meant painting 5-6 days a week. I have thoroughly enjoyed this and have been lucky to meet some wonderful people both customers and other artists. My paintings have been bought by all groups of people from some very well known personalities to a pair of children who wanted a painting for their mom at Christmas (not a profit in that one!). I have been supported in this by my good lady Alex who has done all my framing, run the business, exhibitions tax...

I have blogged on pretty much a daily basis for 7 years. I hope that someone has enjoyed reading them.

Anyway I will get to the point. We have decided to call it a day and officially finish officially at the end of the financial year. In effect we will be winding down up to that point. My paintings will no longer be available in any gallery.. I may do a bit of painting and sketching for pleasure.

I regret not being able to pass on what I have learnt over the years but there again I am a hopeless teacher and have little patience.

So I think this may be the last of my blogs. I still have some paintings and a few mounted prints available for sale and should you wish to view these I can be contacted by email markcoxba@gmail.com.

Appropriately my final link is Travelling Wilburys

No comments:

Post a Comment