Website

Wednesday 4 October 2017

Winters morning


There was a definite chill in the air this morning when I took Jac out. I suppose th eclocks will be going back soon and then we know dark days are coming. The watercolour above is one I did for a radio program a while back which I guess is novel. I had to use my best descriptive powers, but it all worked out okay.

I had previously undertaken an exhibition involving the visually impaired. This required doing maquettes for the paintings. These were 3D representations of the paintings that the audience could hold and trace with their fingers whilst I described the scene to them. All this was a lot of work.

 I asked the Arts Council for Wales if they were interested in helping to publicise the event. I didn't want any money. (I have never asked for any grant or monetary assistance). They were totally uninterested and were also unable to tell me what they had done to assist the visually impaired in the arts. I suppose I shouldn't have been surprised given their poor reputation but this was the only dealings I had with them.  I had quite a lot of interest from England and was contacted by several people and groups wishing to know how I had arranged the event which was covered by the BBC.






No comments:

Post a Comment