Website

Saturday 21 October 2017

Riders on the Storm


Okay I have had what I believe are now called a couple of "clothing fails"!

Last night I went to the rugby. I got out of the car and put my coat on to find my son, son-in-law and grandson all looking at me.

"What?" I said.
"What is that you're wearing?"
"My coat. Why?"
"Whats that all over it?"
"Paint, its my coat I use when painting outside."

 Now I confess it is probably 20 years passed its sell by date and is splattered in oil paint but its warm, comfortable and I can't bring myself to throw it out.
They just looked at me laughing and we hurried to the game in abject conditions. As for the game itself the best thing to do is to just draw a line under it and forget it.

This morning I got up and dressed to take Jac out  into Storm Brian. I had my old coat on hood, cap, scarf, over trousers and wellingtons (which actually leak and do need replacing). I must have looked like an outsize Paddington Bear.

I walked out of the front door and was greeted by a calm, no wind or rain. I then met my elderly neighbour (okay I am no spring chicken myself). He had been to get his newspaper from the garage.

He looked at me and grinned,"Good morning Mark."

He was wearing a cap, cardigan and what looked like slippers although I think they must have been old Hush Puppies (who remembers them?).

I was almost grateful when ten minutes later the heavens opened.

Ah the painting above is I think appropriate for today and is sold.

Link to one of my favourite Bands the Doors that I did see.

No comments:

Post a Comment