Website

Sunday 10 September 2017

Boat scene in the Med


When undertaking a painting that it intended for sale I always consider who might buy it. It is generally not sufficient to produce a good painting it has to mean something to the buyer.

Take the painting above . I rarely do a full painting that is other than for the West Wales or Welsh Market because that's where I work and sell. I go around the country and Europe seeing wonderful subjects but I know for the most part they are only likely to sell in that area or to someone who has a connection to it. I always take my sketch book and pass the time sketching but I hardly ever turn them into a full painting.

I did the painting of boats in a boatyard on Corfu because it appealled to me. It is not likely to sell but I am happy to keep it myself. I did it in a fluid style that I thought suited the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment