Website

Sunday 3 September 2017

A trip to the Scarlets


The painting above is of the River Towy with Merlin's Hill in the background. It is painted from the bend near Tan yr Rhallt. The painting is sold.

We had a great day yesterday. We went with some of the family to watch the Scarlets play Southern Kings. We nearly didn't make it though. As we got in the car to go Alex said,
" Have you got the tickets?"
" Err, no."
I quickly returned to the house and put them safely in the car door pocket.

We then drove to Llanelli parked up and walked to the Stadium. We took our grandson into the Barn watched some recorded rugby highlights and bought him some horrible pancake stuff with marshmallows ... He liked it. We then met up with our eldest granddaughter and her boyfriend had a chat and were on our way to get in to the ground before kickoff.

Our grandson then asked me if I had the tickets..........I looked at Alex,
"You are joking aren't you?" she said without a word from me and a look that could turn the world to stone.
"Err I think I left them in the car." I replied quietly.

I then had to quickly go back to the car to retrieve them. Fortunately I got there and back without having a heart attack and before the game started and were joined by our son.

Anyway a great game with fabulous tries and ball handling in the second half. So much so my omissions were not mentioned again.


No comments:

Post a Comment