Website

Tuesday 22 August 2017

Selma


I think most people respect the Queen, well okay maybe not Jeremy Corbyn but heh, ho. I just feel a bit sorry for Prince Charles. I am not an avid Royal supporter but I have had something to do with them over the years. My experience suggests that Charles does a good job and is very genuine. He raises a lot of money for charity and is a big exponent of the Organic movement. He is very personable and unassuming. The same may not be said for some of the the Royals.

I haven't read any of the tittle tattle about Princess Dianna and frankly it doesn't interest me. I just think Charles has had a rough deal with the press for years. The painting above is a fraud. It was a present for Sue at the Waverley Stores. The Queen has never been there, but maybe she should have.

On to more serious thing. Last night I watched "Selma", essential viewing. A film/documentary about the marches led by Dr. Martin Luther King in the struggle for voting rights in the 1960's. Its frightening that this happened so recently. Anyway watching it was a sobering experience and a reminder of the bigotry that was and is still about.

No comments:

Post a Comment