Website

Wednesday 23 August 2017

“I have to remind myself to breathe -- almost to remind my heart to beat!” ― Emily Brontë


The painting above is of Alex and lightly references a painting by Manet. I wasn't sure what to post this morning but conversation over breakfast sealed it.

I don't believe in re-incarnation but occasionally I think Alex may have lived with the Bronte sisters.
She has a habit of breaking into a speaking part from one of their novels. This morning for example:

"I was in correspondence with our youngest daughter and she advocated..."

"Hang on," I said, "Before you bring Mr. Darcy into this, you mean you have been emailing Rhian and she suggested ...?"

She really is hilarious and it all comes out so naturally. God knows where it comes from.

No comments:

Post a Comment