Website

Thursday 23 February 2017

Painting of Llansteffan


This is the painting of llansteffan I have been working on this week.  Although I have painted the scene a good number of times and they are always popular I always try to make them different in some way. I spent a while on the clouds in this painting.

It was a windy walk this morning with storm Doris blowing the trees and whistling through the wires. there werea good number of branches down in the wood. It reminded me of days sailing with winds howling in the rigging. It was always nice to get to a safe anchorage, go below, light the oil lamp and have a good cup of tea or maybe something stronger. On one occasion it was very windy for 5 or 6 days and we spent the time anchored off Landshipping Quay being blown about a bit but snug in the cabin reading and playing cribbage only venturing out at slack water to row the dog ashore.

No comments:

Post a Comment