Website

Tuesday 21 February 2017

Fish


We are quite partial to fish and I regularly wander to the fishmongers. The other day I went to the fish counter and asked for a couple of mackerel. The young lady picked out two and then turned to me holding one of them up laughing.

"I don't think you want this one its gone all droopy."

Quite right.

I find most assistants are pretty good and have a sense of humour whenever I go shopping. I have previously posted about terms of endearment,"love, dear, pet," and the such like, I have no objection to any of them. I dislike the clinical sterilisation of political correctness that removes the warmth from language.

One term that seems to be in fashion at the moment is, "guys".
When we go to a restaurant it is generally," what can I get you guys?".... I have no problem with this I just find it a bit odd for a "couple" of bus pass holders to be referred to as guys.

Anyway... the sketch above is of two fishes I never caught but did eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment