Website

Monday 30 January 2017

Surfer girl


I am always interested in differing styles and techniques. If you get into a conversation with me on painting techniques it will probably send you to sleep. Anyway I have painted in the style of many artists and genre purely for my own education and amusement. I have done a series of portraits as Modigliani, in fact they were okay. He used to exaggerate the neck of his sitters. I have painted in the style of Kees van Dongen. He did the painting of the lady in a red hat. I have a portrait of Alex on the wall at home in this style.

I have done Fauvist, impressionist and paintings reflecting members of the Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood. How much influence all this has had on my painting is hard to know. The painting above is an old one and is sold it is one of a pair of paintings I did it in the style of David Hockney. I like his work from the late sixties to early 70's when he used acrylic and rolled it on using  masking tape and other methods making a flat print like finish. (My painting was done in oil and brushed on).

No comments:

Post a Comment