Website

Saturday 21 January 2017

Solva cartoon


My methods of painting have developed or changed over the years. For a good while I used to work from sketches or a full size cartoon like the one above of Solva. Although occasionally I still do this for the most part I prefer to just get on painting straightaway. Possibly it is because I am more confident (or lazy) but it is certainly quicker.

In whichever case it is essential to have a good image of the finished painting in your head. I always work through how I am going to get there what I am going to paint first and what palette I am using.


This is the finished painting of Solva using the cartoon above and in fact it has never been framed as I noticed it in my studio and thought I might post about it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment