Website

Monday 9 January 2017

Corner of my eye - Lowri Evans


The above painting is of the little boats that ferry you out to Caldey Island from Tenby. It is sold.
We often go to Tenby and have had some brilliant times there. Nowadays I like to wander the harbour or beach and sketch. I was reminded of this watching a film last night.

I watched "Mr Turner" for the first time. This film is about the last 20 years of Joseph Mallord William Turner's life. Turner spent a lot of his time painting the sea and in particular went to the little town (then) of Margate lodging in a house overlooking the boats. Timothy Spall played Turner and was excellent. I was fascinated although I know his life story well. I confess it may have been slow if you had no interest in the man or art in general.

I now have a display of 3 paintings in Origin window in King Street Carmarthen. One is 4 feet by 2 feet the others of a lesser size. So if you  are passing that way you may glimpse them from the "Corner of your eye".

Which brings me to the link, Lowri Evans is a very fine Welsh musician. One of my favourite songs is about the death of her grandfather.  She sings about his passing her memories of him and that sometimes she feels she can catch a glimpse of him out of the corner of her eye and searches for him there.



No comments:

Post a Comment