Website

Thursday 20 October 2016

Painting of Oxwich Castle


Here is one of the commissions I have been working on this week. It shows Oxwich Castle on the Gower.

I was painting away merrily the other day when Mrs Cox a.k.a.  Alex came from the office into the studio holding out the palm of her saying,
"Whats this?"

I looked at the blue blotted hand and replied,"I would say it was French Ultramarine."

I got the look that could launch a thousand ships in the opposite direction.

Unfortunately she then looked down at the carpet (Yes I like some comfort in my studio).
 Whats that ? She interrogated.
"Alizarin Crimson?" I ventured.

"That had better not be trodden through the house."
Fortunately the carpet next to the studio is dark red akin to Alizarin Crimson so any paint didn't show..

Ah the hazards of being an artist (or husband).

Our youngest daughter came up with some good news, 25% off 6 bottles of wine in Tesco!!
And we are out going for an Italian..

Link Billy Joel




No comments:

Post a Comment