Website

Wednesday 2 March 2016

Painting of Childswickham Church


This is a painting I did of the Church at Childswickham. I used my pochade box as I had to carry it about 1.5 miles to get there. It was a cold and windy day. I had an idea of the view I wanted but when I got to the field I found it was too windy to set up for that view. The pochade box would have been blown over. I retreated to a spot near a stream running around the field sheltered by a large hedge.
I then spent a little time doing a pencil sketch in my book and then got on with the painting.

The sun had been out for the whole morning and was out until about 5 minutes into the painting.Then clouds... Still I had down the main tonal values and carried on. Then, I don't believe it someone lit a bonfire the other side of the hedge!! It was like bits of snow falling on me. After ten minutes or so the wind changed and I could breath again.



A couple came along with an angry retriever who showed me his teeth and stickleback haircut. Fair play they were totally unbothered and let it get on abusing me.

Anyway I was happy enough with the painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment