Website

Friday 6 November 2015

Red Poppy


Remembrance Sunday is approaching and both of us are wearing our poppies. I have been incredibly lucky to have missed two World Wars and the nightmares that were involved for the millions who did suffer.

On a personal note my Grandfather who's paint box I still retain made it through the trenches safely. His brother Alec shown above came home from the War having being gassed with mustard gas. He died shortly after as a result of his injuries. His wife died shortly after him leaving a young daughter.
My other great uncle died during the Boer War.

My father was in the Royal Air Force during the second World War and came through unscathed.

Anyway I wear my Poppy as a matter of respect to those who gave so much to keep us free.

No comments:

Post a Comment