Website

Tuesday 7 July 2015

Sunrise


The above painting of Sunrise over the Gower sold yesterday at the exhibition. We saw in total only 38 people but nevertheless had a pretty good day. Although the weather hasn't been bad the forecast has probably put people off. I mentioned this to Alex this morning before taking Jac for his walk. I must have tempted providence as she had a good laugh when I came back and asked me if I had fallen in the reservoir. The heavens had opened and I was soaked to the skin.

I had a nice chat to a man learning to paint in oils and later had a very interesting conversation with another knowledgeable artist about painting techniques.  We discussed the differences between Titian and Rubens and how we incorporated their techniques and working patterns into our work. So a pleasant day and quite successful on the sale front too.

No comments:

Post a Comment