Website

Tuesday 21 July 2015

Facing the music


This is an old painting of Alex.  The reason I put it up is because I have accepted a commission involving a portrait for a well known personality. For reasons I won't go into it is a very challenging commission. Many years ago I was fortunate to be given personal tuition by a member of the Royal Society of Portrait painters at his studio. At the time I was doing portraits and the tuition given was the best advice I ever received regarding the use of oil paints. I value those days more than anything in my years of painting.

I don't do portraits anymore. I stopped doing them as the market was very limited and the returns did not justify the time spent.

Nevertheless I am now doing another portrait this year and this one has given me plenty of time for reflection if not sleepless nights. Hows it going? Well too early to say really but I have "literally" mentally painted it several times and that went well. You won't see the finished work but I will let you know how it goes.

Oh yes I took as piano exam last week. How did I get on? Well probably not as well as the five year olds that were taking the same exam. Hopefully I passed but I wouldn't complain if I didn't!

No comments:

Post a Comment