Website

Tuesday 14 April 2015

Burry Port Lighthouse


I did the above painting of Burry Port Lighthouse yesterday. I used a palette of cool greys and it gave the effect I wanted of a fresh clear day.

I had a bit of a surreal experience yesterday morning I had walked into Carmarthen Town to get a couple of new books. I baulked at paying £9 for one book in Smiths and bought a couple of good ones for £4 in the charity shop which served two purposes.

When I was in Guildhall Square a man came up to me with a microphone and asked me if I could whistle.

He told me he was from Radio Wales and I told him I could.

He asked me to demonstrate and then I gave a whistle. He asked what it was for.

I said, "I use it to control my dog."

"Does it work?"

"Oh yes he's pretty good."

What I didn't say was that I also use it to call Alex. If she is going away from me or lost in Tesco's I will whistle her. It works well but I usually get the cold freeze hell over stare as well.

Anyway he asked me a couple more questions and I wandered off slightly bemused or more bemused than usual!

No comments:

Post a Comment