Website

Friday 27 March 2015

Molly


Some paintings just stick and in the end you just get rid of them. Fortunately 90% of mine go so I am pretty lucky. If they don't go there is a reason either the price, the subject or the way it was painted or even the frame. It is not necessarily however a bad painting.

The painting above for example of Molly sat in the doorway of Tom's Records in Hay on Wye. Poor Molly is no longer with us.

 I have hung the painting for several years running at our annual exhibition and many people have commented on it. Although many people have recognised her no-one has felt compelled to buy her. Its just one of those things. I enjoyed doing the painting and felt it was one I had to do. As an aside the sign was the hardest part and I generally try to avoid them as they are a pain.


No comments:

Post a Comment