Website

Wednesday 4 February 2015

Another close shave


Yesterday I picked up the grandchildren from school and made my way home. I was driving down a short dual carriageway in the outside lane following another car. Suddenly the car in front shot to the inside lane.

"Now there's something you don't see everyday," I thought as a geriatric flat cap was revealed driving towards me in my lane oblivious to the world.  A second thought crossed my mind which I will omit here. I managed to pull across despite having another vehicle on my inside and the car sailed passed at a closing speed of about 60mph.

This has actually happened to us three times. The first time I was in 1973 on a Triumph Daytona 500 motorcycle with Alex on the back on the Aston Express Way. Two dears were chatting to each other completely oblivious to the fact they were aiming at us in the fast lane going in the wrong direction.
The second time we weren't so lucky Alex and I were in our Morris 1000 pick up when we were hit head on by a stolen car on the wrong side of road.

Today I am starting a new painting. I haven't decided what yet but it may well be a painting of the Gwili near Carmarthen.


No comments:

Post a Comment