Website

Tuesday 8 July 2014

A day without rain


The above little painting of the boathouse sold last week. There is a channel running alongside the boathouse under the trees with a small sandbank. We have successfully anchored on the sandbank and dried out in the past. It is quite tricky because if you get it wrong and the boat is not fully on the sandbank the yacht will topple as the tide goes out. Anyway we have done it and had beautiful views of the estuary with the benefit of being able to hop ashore to Laugharne. (PS I am not recommending boat owners try this).

Talking of which I haven't had a commission to paint a yacht for a while but one came in the other day so that is something different to look forward to at the end of the month.

I am hoping for a day without rain this week so the house can get painted. It is half done a the moment. I am not keen on anything being left half done just the way I am I suppose. If I have a job I want to do it and get it finished. Anyway its looking good so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment