Website

Sunday 18 May 2014

Simply Italian - Simply Brilliant


When I came out of hospital last year having caught pneumonia on a cruise I took things easy for a while. I started to watch "Made in Italy Top Ten Classic Dishes" on Channel 4. This was a program featuring Michela Chiappa and her family's wonderful Italian recipes. Michela and her two sisters Romina and Emanuela were born in Wales coming from an Italian family. They now present their food by way of TV, YouTube, public demonstrations and with their Book Simply Italian.

Anyway  I was inspired to give Italian Cooking a go having never cooked more than toast before. Now I do pretty much all the cooking and the majority is based on recipes from The Chiappa Sisters.

So yesterday was a real treat Alex and I went to Cardiff for a masterclass in pasta making and an intimate meal with the Sisters and their family. So a lovely family and a brilliant night. I am pictured above with Emi, Michela, Romina and Mamma Chiappa.  The book is as I said, " Simply Italian" and available through Amazon, and Waterstones...


Alex and I making spinach and ricotta tortelli

                                     
     
  
              
                                                 Pictures from the evening

                             
                         


Link  The Chiappas

                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment