Website

Friday 10 January 2014

Llandeilo - Down by the Riverside.


This morning Alex had to go to Llandeilo to take some cards into a gallery so Jac and I went along. We parked in the old station. Alex went into town and I took Jac over the suspension bridge down to the river and did a painting.
I was pleased with the pochade box as it worked well. It was reasonably stable and was a comfortable height to paint.
Now David Cowdry that fine artist and good friend, will have to eat his words as he said I should climb a tree and use it as a nesting box!!
I used alkyd oils today but I think in future I will stick to normal artists oil paint. I do use alkyd oils when necessary as they dry quickly, so for a rush job they suite the purpose. For me I find them a little too sticky and not as easy to blend as normal oils.

Incidentally David is now going online and I am hoping he will set up a website soon so you can see all his wonderful work. I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment