Website

Monday 2 December 2013

John Brown artist chairmaker


The other day I was contacted by Rosey More the grandaughter of John Brown.
John was a very skilled woodworker and artist. He had a good full life and had worked as a boat builder highly skilled chair maker and also as an artist. I knew John as was saddened by his passing.
He was a font of knowledge and good company.

Anyway I did a post on my blog about John http://carmarthenartist.blogspot.co.uk/2011/08/john-brown-artist-woodworker-chair.html in August 2011. Rosey recently saw the post and got in touch.

It brought back memories of John and prompted me to do a sketch of him working in wood planing at the workbench. As time passes your memory loses detail but it is certainly recognisable as him.
Rosey is doing a course in jewellry and ceramics so obviously creativity runs in the genes.

No comments:

Post a Comment