Website

Friday 22 November 2013

Pecking order


Today I am in the gallery and so no time for painting. I did however manage to sketch our resident collared doves while having my breakfast. These two are adults as can be seen by the black collar which the juveniles lack.

The bird table is about 4 feet from the kitchen window so we can enjoy watching them feed. Both the collared doves and the wood pigeons will surprisingly stand up to magpies and crows and are pretty much top of the pecking order on our garden table although you notice they cock their heads to one side to allow a skyward glance every so often. I have previously witnessed one wood pigeon taken from the table by a sparrow hawk so I guess it always pays to keep your wits about you.

Link not doves but another constant visitor http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAgceen153I

No comments:

Post a Comment