Website

Saturday 9 November 2013

Life's cycle of renewal


The old cottage and smallholding behind us has been pretty well derelict since old Mr Davies passed on. We now have to get used to machinery and building going on as the old place is being renovated. The big old apple tree has gone as have the pigsty, barn and wash house. To be honest I am happy that the work is being done and new life is being breathed in to the place. It will never be the same but that is the nature of things. Life's cycle of constant renewal.

I am not sure what Mr Davies would make of it all. I dont believe in ghosts but sometimes I have this vision of him standing watching the machinery working, an old woodbine in his mouth, cap pulled down tight on his head and his long overcoat pulled up around his shoulders.

Link I was going to use "Holy Holy" but changed my mind to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le3DG0zgyoU  dont know why seemed to fit?

2 comments:

  1. I too like to see things renovated but if were ever to renovate something I would like to know the history of the place and keep those memories alive in the new - like keeping certain features and having old photos of how it used to be or something - I hope Mr Davies would be happy to see new life being breathed into his home

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon, yes I think he would and far better renovated than being totally demolished.

    ReplyDelete