Website

Tuesday 12 November 2013

Josef Beuys


To continue my theme from yesterday. I once went to see an exhibition at the Tate Modern of the work of Josef Beuys. My little tribute to him is shown above. To quote the Guardian:

Twenty years after his death, Joseph Beuys is regarded by artists as a giant of modern art. As a new exhibition proves, his reputation has never been higher.

Well I am sorry but not in my opinion. The highlight of the exhibition consisted of a VW camper with a load of sleds arranged behind it. Its probably me but all I felt was, "What a waste of a VW Camper!" Incidentally he was responsible for the quote,"Everyman is an artist." A fairly absurd statement you could equally say everyman is a dentist.

My giants of modern art include the three "H"'s  David Hockney, Barbara Hepworth and Edward Hopper talented substantial artists whose work will stand the test of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment