Website

Tuesday 1 October 2013

Slip sliding away


The above watercolour sketch was undertaken at a fairly rapid pace whilst waiting for the dinner to cook. It shows two caravans being placed on their respective pitches at Cirencester Camp site earlier last month.
The really good thing about the site is that it is adjacent to Bathurst Estate and there are good walks in the Park. One such walk takes you in to Cirencester itself.

On one occasion we were returning form Cirencester with our food shopping. I had Jac on a lead and a bag of groceries in the other.It had been raining for about a day on and off and the ground was wet. I opened a field gate at the top of a hill and bent down to release Jac. I started to slip on the wet grass and mud. My foot went one way and Jac the other. My arms did one or two rotations backwards, my feet decided to go aerial and I ended up flat on my back in a mud bath.

 Alex ran to me looking very concerned. She retrieved the shopping basket opened it and said,"Thank god the wine is okay." She then looked at me and burst out laughing!
Well I didn't expect sympathy, and I didn't get it.

Today I finished priming a large board and also got the tax returns done so a good days work. Now to collect the grandchildren form school.

Link a few choices but http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_H-LY4Jb2M

No comments:

Post a Comment