Website

Sunday 20 October 2013

Mike



This weekend Mike our son in law was going away for some do or other so we decided to visit our daughter. The sketch above is of our grandson. Now obviously on Saturday I wanted to watch Scarlets in the Heineken Cup. As they dont have Sky I was a bit stumped but managed to get streamed coverage in French online which was a bit confusing.

Talking of confusing, while the girls (Alex and daughter plus two grandchildren) were out shopping the phone rang.
I answered it and the conversation went a bit like this. (Now bear in mind that for some unknown reason I tend to take on accents and Mike is Irish. So if I speak to him on the phone I take on a weird Irish accent  I know its sad!).

Caller, "Hello, Mike."
Me, (thinking its Mike calling), "Hello. Mike. How are you doing there."
Caller, "I'm great."
Me, "I'm just watching the rugby."
Caller, "Whats on?"
Me, "The Heineken Cup of course, what else. Whats the matter with you?"
Caller, " Oh right."
Me, " Are you having a good time Mike?"
Caller,"Mike?"
Penny starting to drop.
Caller, "I was thinking of coming around for a coffee Mike."
Me, " I'm not Mike he's away."
Caller, Penny obviously begining to drop that I'm not Mike and neither is he!" Err when's he back?"
Me "Tomorrow (Sunday)."
Caller, "Right I'll call him then."
Me,"Ok."
When the girls got home I related this to them. They rolled their eyes and then Alex said, " So if he wasnt Mike who was he?"
Me,"Err I didn't ask."
Another roll of the eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment