Website

Saturday 26 October 2013

Dryslwyn Castle and River Towy


I have finished the painting of Dryslwyn Castle and the River Towy shown above. The painting is about 36ins x 18 ins. I did place a heron in the water under the left bank. It looked okay in isolation but drew too much attention for my liking, becoming the subject as opposed to part of the subject of the painting. So I got rid of it. There is a red kite over the castle and some sheep in the fields in the background. I am pleased with the painting which gives a great sense of space, and autumn sunshine on an iconic landmark in the valley.

My next painting may well be a moonlight painting as I haven't done one in a while and the other morning I was out with the dogs at 6.30am and we had a fine walk under the light of the moon. I was prompted to think yes thats what I will do next.

Link be patient and wait for add to clear http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e80qhyovOnA

No comments:

Post a Comment