Website

Tuesday 24 September 2013

St Mary's Abbey Gatehouse Cirencester


The sketch I did last week is of St Mary's Abbey Gatehouse in Cirencester. The Gatehouse is all that now remains of the abbey. The gatehouse is quite ancient as the Abbey was consecrated in the 1100's. While I was doing the sketch I had a number of people come up to chat including one man who introduced himself with, " I am an artist you know."
Well the conversation went down hill from there. To be fair to him I was in a bit of a hurry as I only had 20 minutes before I had to meet Alex so I probably wasn't as tolerant as I should have been. He did however try to interest me in his life story in real time minute by minute. When I finally asked the question what had he drawn or painted recently he couldn't remember.

Anyway talking about old things I think I am getting a bit of a complex. When I was recovering from my recent illness I saw my friend  Duncan a very fine potter. He asked how I was and then advised me to take it easy as, " You can't be too careful at your age!"

Yesterday I went to see my mother and she looked up at me and said,
" How old are you now, eighty?" Still I suppose that is an improvement as when I have visited her before she said,"Oh I thought you were dead!"

Link the inimitable Robbie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ApDMAdxgm4

No comments:

Post a Comment