Website

Thursday 26 September 2013

Man's Best Friend


Here is a little watercolour sketch of Jac I did last week. I took him out the other day for a walk around the Cwm Oernant Reservoirs. There are two lakes an upper and lower joined by a very deep series of steps forming a weir. This channels the water from the top lake to the lower.

Of course as we were walking around Jac decided to jump in the top step and then continue down.
Unfortunately the last step is about a ten foot drop and the walls are like contained tanks. He could only go down and when he got to the last one he was stuck. He cries like a baby when he is stuck or cant get out of somewhere it is a horrible heart rendering noise. I should think anyone within a mile could hear him.

The other thing I hadn't mentioned is that the weir is surrounded by overgrown brambles. I had no option but to wade through the brambles and climb into the tank lean down and lift him out. Yes I got caught by the brambles and yes I got very wet and muddy. Jac thought nothing of it and ran off continuing his walk! Thanks pal, so much for man's best friend!

Today I finished my painting of Aberaeron Harbour along with another painting I had been working on.

Link A good old song thank you Cat http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWT2qHVftGk

No comments:

Post a Comment