Website

Tuesday 27 August 2013

Old Friends


Yesterday I was pleased to see my old friend Jen at the exhibition. She came along with her husband John and son Ben. Jen was one of the people that kept my sanity whilst doing my degree in fine art. I haven't kept much from that course although I did enjoy it. I was pretty useless at ceramics and was always at cross purposes with the ethos of the course. I wanted to make useful if decorative items as opposed to experimentation. Anyway one of the things I made and have kept was a ceramic biscuit box in the style of Picasso's cubist period. Not "cutting edge" but I like it and it still performs the useful function of keeping the biscuits for visiting grandchildren!

Alex is still trying to make cards as fast as we sell them not easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment