Website

Tuesday 23 July 2013

Lets dance



I am not one for dancing as I really have no sense of rhythm. So the other day I was quite surprised when a lovely lady asked me to dance with her. Now no one other than Alex has asked me to dance for over 40 years. As Alex taught me to waltz many years ago and this was a waltz I am too much of a gentleman to refuse.

We started dancing and after a short while the lady started leaning in towards me! Now to be truthful I need to put this in context. The lady was a dancing instructor and the reason she started leaning in towards me was to avoid having me tread over her toes, too much. It was at this point I realised that in fact I couldn't waltz at all and had in fact for the last 30 plus years been shuffling around the floor in random fashion with Alex doing her best to anticipate my moves and look like we were doing some sort of dance. Life can be cruel when you are brought down to earth! Oh well onwards and upwards as they say.

The sketch above is of Alex and I. Today we have the grandchildren (don't you love school holidays?). We have a very busy couple of weeks coming up. Alex in particular has a lot of work to frame and cards to make plus a visit to the printers.

Link well I could have gone for Chris Rea but I decided to go for Chris Montez

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptMlAGnx-go

No comments:

Post a Comment