Website

Friday 10 May 2013

Modern Manager



It is over 10 years since I left the Police Force. I rarely have contact with anyone from the police but on the odd occasion I do meet someone I generally have an interesting conversation.
The other day a lady came up to Alex and asked after me. She told Alex I had treated her very well when I was in the Police. At first Alex assumed it was a case of mistaken identity. I suppose I was a bit in the Alex Ferguson mold. Lets just say I was not your modern manager! In fact I think the term "manager" should be banned in the Police Force it should be all about leaders and leadership. I didn't tolerate fools gladly but like to think I was always fair.

Modern Manager? Generally people say to me "Do you remember when...? " and then relate a story of woe when I end up tearing a strip off them... Frankly for the most part I don't remember the particular incident but it obviously had an effect on them (hopefully the desired one). On the other hand if my staff had a genuine problem I would do all I could to help them. So it was nice to get a bit of positive feedback.

Today I spent at the gym and then reworking a painting that had been annoying me for a while. Oh, the watercolour painting above is Dyfed Powys Police Headquarters as it was when I finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment