Website

Sunday 10 February 2013

Aston Cross

I don't have a great sense of smell, something that can be a blessing or a curse. I think it is primarily a result of an operation I had as a child. I remember being in the Children's Hospital at Christmas. I had an operation on my nose and some bone was chipped away in the process. I went to school in Aston. The all pervasive smells there were from hops at Ansells Brewery and sauce form the HP factory. So maybe that has something to do with it. In any case it had an affect on me as I certainly like beer and HP brown sauce. I believe Ansells in Aston closed down in the 1980's after a union dispute.
The little sketch above is of Aston Cross in the 1960's where I used to catch the No 8 Inner Circle Bus, (seen in the distance).

No comments:

Post a Comment