Website

Monday 12 November 2012

Egg Custard


I finished the painting above today. It is, an autumn evening at Llansteffan. I may tweek it when I go back to it in a couple of days.
A little time ago I was shopping and I thought I would buy a couple of egg custards for Alex and I as a treat.
I went to the bakery in Tescos. Egg custards are sold in packs of 2 or 4. Unfortunately the packs of 2 were sold out  so I bought a pack of 4.
When I got home I took a cake out and thought I'll have one with my afternoon tea.
That left three.
A bit later again I walked passed the open packet and thought well there are three there now so if I have another one that will be an even number, one for me and one for Alex. So I had another one.
That left 2.
Alex was a little late getting back and I thought, "Oh well I may as well have mine now Alex can have hers when she gets home."
That left one.
After a little reflection I thought, "She going to give me hell for eating 3 egg custards." So I ate the last one and hid the package in the recycling.

There is surely a moral to this story but I am not sure I want to find out what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment