Website

Thursday 1 November 2012

Cattle in the rain and Hieronymous Bosch


"Cattle after the rain", this seems like an appropriate painting following the weather we have been having this year. this was a picture I saw as I was being driven by Alex back from Llandeilo. The cattle were standing in the field looking very sorry for themselves after an enormous downpour. I was taken by the image of the animals reflected in the temporary pools of water in the field. Then we had passed them but the image stayed behind long enough for me to paint it later.
Today I am going to do a watercolour and then a few chores before sitting down to my book. I have read a few books lately in the series relating to Hieronymous Bosch (the detective not the painter) by Michael Connelly . Very well written and good stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment