Website

Saturday 13 October 2012

Castell Carreg Cennen


The painting above of Carreg Cennen Castle sold this week. Always a popular subject and a spectacular view.

Yesterday I had a conversation with two jewellers who were somewhat affronted by the attitude of some painters who looked down at them for being "craft" not fine art. I have to say I can sympathise with them I have on occasions come across this attitude amongst other painters. It matters not to me whether an artist or artisan uses clay, silver, paint or any other medium, it is the technique, skill and imagination that it is worked that determines whether they are an artist.

Today Alex and I took the grandchildren and dogs to Llansteffan Beach it was busy but as it was out of season we were allowed to take the dogs right along the beach. This afternoon I will watch Scarlets play Clermont with more hope than belief.

No comments:

Post a Comment