Website

Friday 12 October 2012

An evening paddle ~ Llansteffan


I finished the above oil painting of an evening paddle at Llansteffan yesterday. I quite like a paddle or a swim in the sea. Alex on the other hand hates cold water. I quite often wash in cod water. I am used to it. We generally had cold water at home when I was a boy.  We moved to my grand parents house when I was about 8. This was a big house and had real plumbing. We had a shower attachment over the bath. This was all novel as it was the first time we had an indoor bathroom never mind a proper bath. The shower attachment was plumbed into the cold water pipe so it was quite refreshing and the pressure was enough to strip your skin off. Happy days!

I ended up stewarding in the gallery again today so no painting today.

No comments:

Post a Comment