Website

Friday 31 August 2012

Guernica and Kim Phuc


I had a chat today with another artist about contemporary painting. There is an impression around that I don't value modern work. Well I value work of whatever age if it is honest. Unfortunately I feel there is a lot of pretentious drivel spoken about art. On that point we both agreed.
So to put the matter straight I have wandered into post modern works and abstract art at times. The painting above is one I still retain and illustrates my point. It is fairly self explanatory but is a fusion of Guernica by Picasso and a photo of a young girl, Kim Phuc near Trang Bang during the Vietnam War.
I now concentrate on traditional painting mainly landscapes and coastal scenes. "Be true to yourself", is always a good maxim.

No comments:

Post a Comment