Website

Tuesday 31 July 2012

Wigmore Bay


Here is another watercolour on the hoof this time of the cliffs overlooking Wigmore Bay in Scotland.
I have said we had a great time in Scotland but we did notice a couple of things.

Everyone was really friendly and strangers always at least acknowledged you or said hello.

Greens didn't seem to be on the menu. We went into the local shop and bought the entire selection of greens.
This consisted of a cabbage the size of a cricket ball and a sorry looking leak. We never saw anymore  greens for sale after that until we took at 30 mile round trip to a main town.

My Great Grandfather came from Maybole in Ayrshire and we took a trip to view it. I don't know what it was like in 1830 but it Jac was real pleased to leave. Out of respect for my ancestors I will merely say it looked rough.

Today I am starting another painting (hopefully) although we do have some of  the grandchildren.

No comments:

Post a Comment