Website

Monday 2 April 2012

Commission



The painting above of Llansteffan sold last week.

I was painting yesterday when Alex called me and said there was a man on the phone who was interested in a commission.

I got to the phone brush in hand. The man “Timothy”, told me he had seen my website and was very impressed. He wanted a portrait done of his wife.Would I be interested? I told him I no longer did portraits for the public. (At one time I had a website purely for portraits and concentrated on that aspect of painting).
He was most insistent like a double-glazing salesman. The conversation went on a while and I politely tried to explain that  no I didn’t want the commission. I then twigged. It was April the first and my son had caught me out. He was in fits.

Today I am starting a new painting and Alex is making cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment