Website

Tuesday 24 April 2012

The Blind Girl


The painting above is the blind girl by John Everett Millais and is one of my favourite paintings in Birmingham Art Gallery. It is  a painting which tells a story to the viewer or rather makes the viewer read their own story. I rarely paint rainbows but it is interesting to note that the colours are reversed in a double rainbow. They are not identical. It is a beautifully executed painting.
Anyway today I didn't get to start anything but I have pretty well finished my toy chest. I have to collect two of the grandchildren now. Alex has gone to the printers.
That reminds me I found out that the Welsh Language Board have stopped there free translation service. This is a real pity. I found it to be a brilliant service. The staff were helpful, fast and totally competent. So thanks to Gwen, Huw and all who helped me so efficiently. Huw has started up a commercial translation service Annog Cyf, a subsidiary company of Menter Môn,  which will operate from 2 April 2012 onwards. Enquiries 0845 6076070. Pob lwc i chi.

No comments:

Post a Comment