Website

Monday 5 March 2012

Brecon


The picture above is of the main entrance to Brecon Cathedral. I did it in a quite spell of an exhibition I held there. Doors are quite symbolic and are often either the subject themselves or contained within paintings for symbolic reasons. Usually explained as being new openings beginings. The three doors of a cathedral are referred to as expressing faith hope and charity. A door is the symbol of passage from one place to another.
Now I don't want you to get this wrong when I sketched the Cathedral door it was because I found it an interesting shape in its own right. Its old so its on a winner with me there also the colours and shapes were worthy of recording.
I suppose to give it a modern context WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get from me). Now I could have written an artists statement making up all sorts of deep reasons for painting this. Unfortunately  I find in the main artist statements are irritatingly irrelevant.


No comments:

Post a Comment