Website

Thursday 23 February 2012

Dylan Thomas in the Boathouse


I have done the painting of Dylan Thomas in the Boathouse living room shown above. It was nice to incorporate some of the items on show in the living room. Although I had done the drawing of the picture I only used that to iron out the composition and values. I painted straight off using a brush with turps and oil as a stain to mark out rough areas and painted from there.The brush marks are clearly shown and are part and parcel of th painting. I changed the position of Dylan's head slightly to have him sitting back in a more reflective mode. I may tinker with the painting yet but it is substantially finished. I am not aware of any photographs or paintings of Dylan in the Boathouse so in that respect it is fairly unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment