Website

Wednesday 28 December 2011

Oh Well ~ with apologies to Fleetwood Mac



I did a watercolour painting for the first time in a while today. Unfortunately I chose a board with an already stretched piece of paper on it. This was done a couple of months ago and the tape had started to lift. Anyway I thought I would risk using it.

The result is shown above. Oh well. The painting cockled i.e. it wrinkled. I have seen worse offered for sale and it is possible to reduce the cockling but this one will be relegated to the bin. At the end of the day it pays to do things properly and if you have any doubts don’t waste time start with good paper that is properly prepared.

The view itself is of the Towy Valley in the snow a scene I love as it is part of one of my walks. Yesterday we did a lot in Origin while it was closed. We moved a lot of shop fittings out from the upstairs gallery. Many of these were donated to a charity shop. There is more space to work in now and move on, getting it ready to open in March.

link to "Oh Well"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE4HGlmtOcg







No comments:

Post a Comment