Website

Friday 18 November 2011

Working Dog



The ink sketch above is one I did of our old dog who died at the good old age of 15. He died about 7 years ago. He was a very placid dog great with children and would walk to heal anywhere. Our current dog Jac is a cocker spaniel who is extremely patient with children and good natured but somewhat wild. He will come when called but likes to go off and “work” the woods and bushes. He is by nature a working dog although we don’t actually use him as a gun dog. He needs lots of exercise so he keeps me fit.

Due to a variety of occurrences in my life this week I haven’t done a huge amount of painting. I am up to date with commissions and my exhibition so I can’t complain.
My next task is to rework a painting of Llansteffan. It hasn’t been shown for a while and I have been looking at it critically. Not that it is by any means a bad painting but I feel I could enhance it buy slightly changing the composition. Nearly all artists have reworked paintings over the years. If you look at some of the traditional classical painters you will find that there paintings may have several dates showing when they were started and later reworked.
It is not a thing to be done lightly as you need to blend into the work and not on top of it. Matching colour and tone is something that comes with experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment