Website

Friday 30 September 2011

Stranger on the Shore



This is the finished painting I started last week. It is a smaller version of a commission I did. It shows the Loughor estuary with the Gower and Whiteford lighthouse in the distance.

I mentioned an old tune the other day Percy Faith and a Summer Place. I was brought up with big band sounds before I moved onto the Everly Brothers and then the Rolling Stones… My father loved the big bands of Artie Shaw, Duke Ellington et al.
Anyway he played a clarinet and I believe he carried it with him in his kit bag half way around the world during the War. He couldn’t read a note of music but he could play the clarinet and piano by ear. One of his favourite tunes was “Stranger on the shore,” which I recall was also the theme to a TV series in about 1961.
Here is the link to the tune,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jzx664u5DA&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment