Website

Saturday 10 September 2011

Stradey Park - Scarlets Cafe

First thing walk Jac and our resident houseguest. We are now looking after our daughter’s dog who is pretty smelly. Then I watched the Rugby World Cup, went to the gym walked the dogs again and later we are off out to our other daughter’s for tea.

The painting above is one that was sold last year but it seemed appropriate. It shows the old Scarlets Café at Stradey Park on the night of the last game before Scarlets moved to Parc y Scarlets.

My son, Alex and I went to see the Scarlets last weekend for the opening game of the season. Quite a few positives including a win. I remember the first game I took our son to see at Stradey Park. We were playing the all Blacks and it was the most dreadful weather possible. The rain was literally horizontal and the wind was a full-blown gale. We were both soaked to the skin but at least it stays with him as a standout memory from childhood.

No plans to do any painting this weekend. By Monday however painting will be compulsory therapy, i.e. I will be lost in a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment